|The Whisperer In Darkness|
|Widescreen B&W / Production Year: 2011 / Region All|
(Note: The blu-ray has a commentary, but no subtitles. The standard has subtitles, but no commentary).
Written in 1931, H.P. Lovecraft’s iconic genre-bending tale of suspense and alien terrors is brought to life in the style of the classic horror films of the 1930s like Frankenstein, Dracula and King Kong. Using its Mythoscope™ process — a mix of vintage and modern techniques — the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society expands on Lovecraft’s original tale while still bringing you unparalleled authenticity.
Horror and science fiction collide in the adventure of Albert Wilmarth, a folklore professor at Miskatonic University, as he investigates legends of strange creatures rumored to dwell in the most remote mountains of Vermont. Wilmarth’s investigation leads him to a discovery of horrors quite beyond anything he ever imagined, and ends in a desperate attempt to escape the remote New England hills with his life and sanity intact.
The studio that brought you The Call of Cthulhu now presents one of Lovecraft’s weirdest tales as a feature-length talkie starring Matt Foyer as the intrepid folklorist, Albert Wilmarth. Celebrated television and stage star Barry Lynch plays Henry Akeley, supported by an ensemble of outstanding actors. Shot on location in New England and in Hollywood, The Whisperer in Darkness brings Lovecraft’s intense imagination to vivid life in the style of the 1930s.
This Deluxe Two Disc DVD set includes
- The Whisperer in Darknes (103 minutes, black and white) with 5.1 surround sound
- a commentary track with the film’s producers
- subtitles in twenty three languages
- a replica prop newspaper clipping about the Vermont flooding
Disc Two features:
- a delightful and revealing 47 minute Behind the Scenes documentary
- seven documentary featurettes showcasing special effects and filmmaking techniques
- numerous deleted and/or extended scenes
- strange bonus features we cannot even describe
- all Whisperer in Darkness trailers